This year, I made my own cranberry sauce for the first time. I didn't realize how much I made until I poured the sauce into...A LOAF PAN! Trying to dump some off on Momma Mac, I still had a lot left. So, I came up something to make Friday morning for breakfast...a yogurt parfait. With some soy yogurt, a little vanilla, some granola for crunch and the cranberry sauce, it was a nice change for us, as we normally grab a bagel or heat up some instant oatmeal. What was even better was that it can be eaten as a snack or dessert.
Cranberry-Granola Yogurt Parfaits
Source: Too much cranberry sauce!
- 2 c. plain soy yogurt
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract (You can omit, if using vanilla soy yogurt)
- 1 c. cranberry sauce (store-bought is fine, but homemade is better)
- 2 c. vegan granola
- Prepare 4 parfait/sundae glasses. Mix together the yogurt with vanilla until well-combined
- To each glass, add 1/4 c. of yogurt, 1 Tbsp of cranberry sauce and 1/4 c. of granola
- Repeat the layer one more time
You can garnish as you wish with a dollop of added yogurt, some fresh cranberries, nuts or a mint leave.